A systems analyst is a IT Professional who is responsible to design new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity.
The systems analyst can collect data and transform it into usable code for a new project or program. They can recognize where problems may lie in the code itself. They can rewrite this code to alleviate the problem. Usually, the systems analyst can consult with other IT members in technical jargon foreign to the business stakeholders.
Systems Analyst is a bridge b/w Business and IT Professionals .
The main focus of the systems analyst write the User request into Technical Specification.
System Analyst Roles and Responsibilities :
- Examine existing IT systems and business models;
- Analyze systems requirements;
- Planning Solution
- Coordinating with development team to meet the business requirement
- undertake product development;
System Analyst is bridge b/w Business and IT Professional
- Responsible for developing
- Cost Analysis
- Design considerations
- Staff employee amelioration
- Implementation Time-lines
They liaise and report to internal and external clients and stakeholders, including colleagues and developers.
They conduct a cost analysis and agree the time-frame to implement the proposed solution.
Analysts work with their organisation’s particular IT system but also with a client’s legacy environment so need to be able to adapt to different programming languages.
Work activities also depend on the size and nature of the employer organisation and the focus of clients’ business demands, but typically involve:
- liaising extensively with external or internal clients;
- Analysing clients’ existing systems and business models;
- Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems;
- Understanding software development lifecycle;
- Translating client requirements into highly specified project briefs;
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability;
- conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems;developing solutions and related products;
- Producing project feasibility and costings report;
- Presenting proposals to clients;
- working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
- ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met;
- drawing up, supervising and documenting testing schedule for complete system;
- overseeing implementation of a new system including data migration;
- planning and working flexibly to deadlines;
- supporting users on change control and system updates;
- providing training and user manuals to users of a new system;
- keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
Please feel free to call us for any assistance.We love to help you…